SOMA BIBLIA is
- a Christian, Tanzanian society
- publisher and distributor in one
- non-profit and non-political charitable organisation
- bringing the Gospel about Jesus Christ to all Swahili-speaking people
We believe that
- the Bible is the word of God, infallible and credible in all it says, and sufficient for Christian faith and life
- the Lutheran Confession is a true interpretation and summary of the biblical message
Our mission is
- to serve the Church by writing, publishing, distributing and selling evangelical literature and other material needed for its work, and thereby:
- enable all Christian believers to grow in faith and Christian living, so they may be witnesses of the Savior and Lord, to all people
What we offer
- Soma Biblia has currently 5 bookshops in Tanzania; that is in Dar es Salaam, Arusha, Mwanza, Mbeya and Iringa
Most of the year we are on the road in cars loaded with books. The goal is that even in the most remote areas, people shall have access to Bibles and evangelical Christian literature
In our publishing department we produce books, tracts, calendars and two magazines issued four times a year; that is RIZIKI for church workers, and TWENDE for children
We run correspondence courses for those who want to get more from reading our books on different Christian teachings, and help Christian Tanzanian writers to improve their skills, in order to meet the need for evangelical biblical literature in Swahili
Our history in short
The Soma Biblia society was founded 1.1.2015 after the merging of two literature ministries, which both had been working in Tanzania for about 25 years; that is, Soma Biblia, run by Danish Lutheran Mission, and Scripture Mission, run by Scripture Mission East Africa and Norwegian Lutheran Mission.
Soma Biblia’s main office is located at Danish Lutheran Mission’s compound in Mikocheni B, Dar es Salaam, while the publishing department keeps office in the Scripture Mission compound in Arusha.
Soma Biblia management:
Ole Malmgaard (Director), Alex John Mtui (Finance Manager), Philip Bach-Svendsen (Publishing Manager), Mathayo K. Massawe (Sales Manager Trainee), Per Jerup (Sales Manager)
Soma Biblia board:
Christian F. Nissen (Chair person), Kristoffer Krohn-Sævre (Vice Chair person), Justin Oforo, René Sølvsten Nissen, David Ngassapa.